Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday and Church

Today I went to church. I haven't been in awhile. My sister-in-law and her husband spent the night with us and wanted to try out something different. He is a preacher at a small, very old-fashioned church back home. I thought the church we had attended several times before would be the perfect place to take them. I was right.

They loved the experience. The music and the message were equally amazing. What I realized though is that as much as I wanted to take them, they gave me the courage to go again. Parker goes to preschool there and even though I loved going on Sunday mornings before, we had just gotten out of the habit. My husband stayed home so I just left Parker at the house this time with him.

I'm still not sure why I stopped going. Why I didn't get more involved. It is a big church so going every Sunday and coming home isn't enough to really become a big part of that community. I think that maybe the commitment scares me. Maybe that overwhelming emotion I get when I go. Now, especially that I know we are moving to NC in May I'm torn. Idk. I do know that I want to start going back, even if it is just for a few months. Overall, it was an awesome morning and definitely just what I needed!

I did miss my boys though!

We went to Gatlinburg a couple of weeks ago. I never shared any pictures, here are a few :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment :)